Saturday, May 1, 2010

Brave Little Toaster Wallpaper


Decided to make this wallpaper to further feed my older son's recent addiction to the Brave Little Toaster. I like the original movie which involves a cute quest as the abandoned appliances try to find their owner. But my kid prefers the sequel where the appliances use the help of a rat to recover their master's deleted veterinary thesis by finding one replacement vacuum tube for a supercomputer that then magically reconnects all its broken wires and simultaneously stopping an evil plot to sell animals to Tartarus Laboratories. I admit that Tartarus Labs is pretty funny if you're up with Greek mythology, but otherwise the sequel is not very good. There's another one where they go to Mars; I guess I'm being a little picky if I will put up with living lamps and toasters but think it's "too unrealistic" that they are abducted to Mars....
Eventually I'll have one with a hodge-podge of characters from Winnie the Pooh to Curious George.

2 comments:

Dudel said...

Hmmm, I remember the first one which is when the appliances chase after their owner when he moves away.

They end up in the dude's collage dorm room.

Radio is my favorite, he's such a prick. XD

Anonymous said...

The brave little toaster is the bomb! I loved the first one as a kid and now my son loves it as well. Definitely the first Brave was the best and the sequel the brave little toaster to the rescue was good too. However, the third one where they go to mar is WACK!