Saturday, September 19, 2009

Illustration Friday "Infinite" - Smashing Pumpkins


"Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" is one of my favorite albums ever, and I guess going with a music themed Illustration Friday last week left my mind primed to do another. This time I tried to do a little more realistic drawing - I know the guys in this band aren't what I'd call pretty boys, but here they look a little on the mutant side. The guitarist on the left wound up looking like a fish man, and poor John Chamberlain looks like a retarded caveman. Corgan put on about 90 pounds in my interpretation as well. Oh well, I guess that means Smashing Pumpkins won't stumble across my blog, decide the picture kicks ass, and take me on tour with them. I used a ref pic of a classic poster of the group.

4 comments:

sandygrafik said...

The IF topic immediately reminded me of this great album title... Great artwork!! ♥ ♥ ♥

AdamFF said...

Very expressive style, the distorted features actually suit your style very well. Nice interpretaion of the word!

Adam Foster-Fahy
www.AdamFF.com

Unknown said...

I love the distortions on your computer generated cartoons.. If i get a little out of perspective with sizes or whatever with my own artwork I don't have to throw it away. I love NOT having any rules. Although I get anal sometimes and use a ruler for a straight edge quite a lot I noticed .. for doors and furniture etc. I could see you creating an album cover someday. I gave that Miss Kitty artwork to a DJ who is in a Blues band and gave her permission to use it for a CD cover.. But she never did.. haw haw

MIKE said...

"the world is a vampire". very cool stuff.