Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Simulated Interview For a Job at DC Comics

I had the typical career goals as an adolescent - pro sports, comic book artist, maybe some job where people inexplicably pay me to play great new video games. For comics, I was sure that if I could draw the main character perfectly (as in, just like in certain panels in the comics), then I'd be set and would basically be the guy drawing Batman comics. Now, I have a little more realistic view of how it would have gone when I showed up with my "perfect" Batman art looking for a job at DC....
Just flipping through an old Legends of the Dark Knight, there were about 30 unique people, 13 settings, and like 50 facial expressions/emotions to convey. In addition, I never did really master drawing Batman (see above), so I guess it's time to get practicing again....

2 comments:

Dudel said...

Well you could do animations. Only working with Batman. Animation actually works that way, however they do expect you to draw the same image only slightly different about 500 times.

bagalagalaga said...

Good call! But I'm still going to try and learn to draw Bruce Wayne...