Sunday, August 23, 2009

For Monday Artday - Big Ol' Moon


Since I've become addicted to websites that let you post art, I've joined the blog Monday Artday. It has two overlapping, biweekly challenges, where you illustrate a given word. It looks like fun, but there is some pretty great artwork on it, so I feel kind of like I'm showing up in an NFL locker room with a nerf football. For "Moon", my first thought was drunken college kids mooning someone, but I figured I'd keep it classy and do a collage. I'm kind of excited with all the textures you can do in Photoshop, either with the built in filters or by blending in a textured photo, so that's basically all this picture is. It includes textures from my ceiling, towels, play-doh, and a couple chairs. I tried to make the textured shapes all resemble moons within the big moon.

And since the picture is taking a long time to upload, I'll let you in on another artistic secret of mine........Goose Island Oatmeal Stout is delicious!

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I like this. Nice classy textures! :-D

I wanted to do more moon ones--can't help it if they seem cliched or tired--I like them.