Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Summing up 2009

Here's my experience with the long gone year 2009:

Game I wasted the most time playing: Plants vs. Zombies, it is so simple to set up a few plants that spit vegetables to kill the army of zany zombies, but the mini-games and endless survival kept me playing this for months. Also, I finally completely potty-trained my son using Plants vs. Zombies as a reward for dropping a deuce!
Best book I read: The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet by Reif Larsen was surprisingly good, a novel following a kid who is invited to give a talk at the Smithsonian based on a series of famous illustrations he did. Of course it's one of those "they never realized he was just a kid" type stories, but this one is full of margin illustrations that supplement the story, more novels should have pictures!
Best song I downloaded: Mississippi Queen by Mountain, an old old song that still really gets stuck in my head.
Best beer I drank in '09: Bell's Special Double Cream Stout is as special, as creamy, as double, and as stout as it claims.
Most common activity at 8:30 pm: Vacuuming up Cheerios. Yup, it was exciting.

No comments: